Monday, February 18, 2008

Dewey & Truman? No, UAB and Memphis


Looks like ESPN jumped the gun a little on Saturday night, publishing an article about our loss before the game was over... They should really know better. But what a game, right? And the aftermath.... I have faith that when UAB comes into the Forum for our Senior Day, our fans won't return the favor and start a brawl.

I didn't get to see the game (DirecTV really needs to carry CSS) and I don't know if I wish I'd seen it or if I should be grateful I missed it for the sake of my cardiac health. I will be able to watch the rest of the games this season, they are all on CSTV or ESPN.

Speaking of ESPN. Just a little mention of Saturday's game against the Vols. #1 vs. #2? SERIOUSLY? I just don't know if I can handle it. Thank the good Lord I am not going to the game, I might seriously LOSE MY MIND. I know that the Vols could beat us. But I also know we can beat the Vols. We can beat anyone in the country, in my opinion. It all depends on which team shows up, and we all know that the guys have shown up for the big games this year-- UConn, USC, Georgetown (I mean, come on), Arizona, Gonzaga... There is no way that the FedExForum won't be completely on FIRE and it should be one of the best basketball games EVER.

And I'll be here, trying to gather a few friends (nobody in this town cares about college basketball) wearing my "Hey Tennessee-- You Suck" t-shirt, yelling like crazy. Maybe the Tigers will hear me, all the way from here.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

You are late on posting the obvious. But let me just say, I did not know I was a Vandy fan until last night!